The master calendar of this year’s APA Heritage Month community events will be available in April 2019.
- This event has passed.
APA Heritage Awards Ceremony and Reception
May 2, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pmFree
APA Heritage Awards Ceremony – San Francisco’s Official Celebration Event
· Signing of the APA Heritage Month Proclamation by Mayor Mark E. Farrell
· Presentation of the First Annual Edwin Mah Lee Public Service Award
In Memory of Mayor Edwin Mah Lee, the APA Heritage Celebration Committee is launching the annual Edwin Mah Lee Public Service Award. To be presented at the APA Heritage Awards Ceremony each year, this award is established to honor Mayor Lee’s legacy of service to the City and to the underserved communities.
· Presentation of honors to four organizations that have achieve significant milestones in fulfilling their mission, and they are:
· Chinese Historical Society of America (55 years)
· Nihonmachi Street Fair (45 years)
· Pistahan Parade & Festival (25 years)
· San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra (35 years)
· Performances by members of the San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra and award winning hip hop dance group Str8Jacket
· The Cultural Procession, the grand finale of the annual Awards Ceremony, a song and dance performed by diverse APA community representatives in colorful ethnic costumes