Over the years, Asian Pacific Americans have made great strides in achieving positions of leadership in both the private and public sectors. APA leaders in business, community and government play a pivotal role in bringing the ethnically diverse communities together. In recognizing the importance of nurturing the next generation of leaders, the 2017 APA HERITAGE AWARDS will honor a youth program and a youth leader for distinct impact in having fulfilled this community priority.
Youth Program Impact
The 2017 APA Heritage Awards for Program Impact will honor a youth program for its distinct achievement in cultivating leadership, advocacy skills and community commitment in APIA youth.
The program nominated must have achieved significant results in at least one of the following areas:
- Creating innovative opportunities for cultivating leadership and advocacy skills
- Promoting commitment to community service through civic engagement activities
- Advocating for increase in leadership positions for youth in the private or public sectors
- Program – the program can be coordinated or managed by a business, a nonprofit or a not for profit organization
The 2017 APA Heritage Awards for Youth Leadership will be presented to an APIA youth who is an inspirational model for youth in one of the following areas:
- Leadership and advocacy skills that have resulted in positive social impact
- Voluntary service that has successfully addressed a distinct community need
- Success in being an effective voice to address or resolve issues impacting APIA youth
- Youth – an individual under the age of 25
Nomination Process & Awards Announcement
- Nomination period is from February 7 through March 3, 2017
- All nominations must be submitted online and received by 5pm PST on March 3, 2017
- Members of the APA Heritage Awards Committee will review all nominations submitted by the deadline date and select the winners. Interviews may be conducted if additional information is needed on any nominee. All winners will be notified by the first week of April and will be invited to the Awards Ceremony to be held on Monday, May 1, 2017.
- The award winner will be announced during the May 1, 2017 event and presented with his or her award. And, the award winner will be announced during the APA Heritage Month Kickoff Press Conference in April.
- The recipients of the Asian Pacific American Heritage Award will receive the APA Heritage Trophy, a Certificate of Honor from the City and County of San Francisco, media visibilities, including an interview on Comcast’s Newsmaker’s show, and featured on the website www.apasf.org.
- Nomination Form Requirements: Please include website information, Youtube links, and any other web related information supporting this nomination in your answers. Email any supporting documents for this nomination, including a one-page biography or resume of this nominee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that any Nomination Form not accompanied by supporting materials for the nominee as well as completed questionnaire will not be reviewed.