Greetings from our Founder
About APA Heritage Month
In the United States, the month of May each year is celebrated as Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. The annual celebration started in 1978 when President Jimmy Carter signed into law a Joint Resolution of the Congress of the United States designating the month of May for the celebration of Asian and Pacific Islanders culture and heritage.
In 2005, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom embraced the proposal by former OCA National President Claudine Cheng, to launch an annual official celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in San Francisco.
2020 Sponsors and Partners
- Asian American Donors Program
- Asian Peace Officers Association
- Chinese American Citizens Alliance San Francisco Lodge
- Center for Asian American Media
- Coalition of Asian American Government Employees
- Hawaii Chamber of Commerce of Northern California
- Hep B Free – San Francisco Bay Area
- Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Northern California
- Nihonmachi Street Fair, Inc.
- OCA San Francisco Bay Chapter
- San Francisco Community Health Center
- San Francisco – Bangalore Sister City Committee
- San Francisco – Ho Chi Minh Sister City Committee
- San Francisco – Manila Sister City Committee
- San Francisco – Osaka Sister City Association
- San Francisco – Seoul Sister City Committee
- San Francisco – Taipei Sister City Committee
- Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center